a

a

Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

OBEDIENCE

I thought I'd start todays post with following my friend Honeys blog http://bighoneydog.com/honeys-blog/ which says to put a photo in here that you haven't posted before and explaining what its about. Well this is me & Mrs Magoo posing with all the obedience and dancing ribbons I have won. To explain what all these beautiful ribbons are about. When you are the first dog in the family that starts this sport, you are allowed into grades called "Elementary" & "Special Beginners". Once you have won out of those grades , your human is Never ever ever allowed into those grades ever again. Well we have won out over a year ago and for quite some time we have been in a Grade called NOVICE with all the gooooooooooooood dogs. So I have to do something now called "Lifting My Game". Well today we went to a DOUBLE CHAMP show with me in Novice Grade, and when I got home I got the speech called "lifting my game". Oops, I think this is going to mean a bit of homework, and a little less slacking off down the back of the class. No more investigating of interesting stones on the floor, or seeing what the dog in the next ring is doing either. Heck!!!
I think at todays competition I was pretty shocking cos Mum reckons she might have had a better chance if she'd taken the cat. Hey Ashleigh Bumpkin, good luck, I'd like to see them get a collar and lead on you.

Me again, doing down stay practise with my North Shore buddies, Sybil the Border Collie and Garvey Coco the Shepherd X. Garvey is my minder.


Garvey - Come Back - BAD DOG!



It's not all hard work. Here's me nicking off with Garveys toy. I lurv these things.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Bodie - I think you look really good doing your Down Stay! You must be awfully clever to do Obedience and win all those ribbons! I have a tried a bit of Obedience but I find it a bit boring and it's hard for a big girl like me to do really tight turns and nice sharp sits! :-)

    But I know all about the "lifting your game" speech - I've just gotten one of those too today after messing up my dance (again!) at the 4 Seasons Pet Store demo...I just decided that jumping up and bashing Hsin-Yi on the head is so much more fun than following her stupid choreography! Well, I can tell you, I got a serious speech from her after that!!! :-)

    Hey - I have a toy just like Garveys - I love those things too!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - I've tagged you to play a game - come over to my blog to find out what you have to do!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete